Sunday 12 December 2010

CD90Z renovation aspiration!

Well this would be nice, not perfect but a lot better than the rusty bike I have now! My brother kindly provided this earlier pic - not from when he first owned the bike but a few years after, when it was no longer ridden but sitting quietly outside (horror of horrors). It appears to have been in pretty good condition still. This photo has the reg number clearly visible which will hopefully help when it comes to getting the bike re-registered with DVLA. I am hoping to find a photo off an early 35mm slide that shows the bike in its heyday, which should be even better for the inspiration to press on with the rebuild.

My latest job has been to chop the spokes off the front wheel to prepare the hub for re-spoking. Offsets measured and photos taken of course! 
I am considering which paint system to use, I quite fancy the KBS paint system http://www.therustshop.com/shop/ which looks like it could possibly be better than POR-15 over bare metal.  Anyone got any experience of it? I'm intending brush painting to get a good coverage and it looks like you can still get a really smooth, tough finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment