Saturday 25 December 2010

Re-registering Honda CD90Z

I took the first steps in re-registering the CD90Z.  A quick reassembly of the bike to show that it is more or less complete and is a CD90Z was undertaken - it now looks like the photo.  I contacted the East Anglian Cyclemotor Club (link on the right) who have an interesting site, lots of info, and are authorised by the DVLA to verify form V765 for smaller bikes. The EACC have provided some very useful advice which included getting a photocopy of my original logbook certified by my local DVLA office so I can retain the original and send off the photocopy for verification of the V765 - saves losing my green logbook.   As a matter of interest the local DVLA office didn't charge for providing a certified copy of the logbook, I just popped in and they did it while I waited.  The EACC charge £10 for the verification, plus an additional amount for expenses for an inspection of the bike which hopefully won't be too much as they have a member who is local to me.  More on how this process pans out as I go through it.

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave man restoring the former family ride.. Smart acting to get the reg sorted before spending lots of hard work on the CD. Cool bike.

    ReplyDelete